At Xata we’re on a mission to radically simplify the way developers work with data with our serverless data platform powered by PostgreSQL.
We make managing database infrastructure easy giving developers all the functionality your application needs to evolve and scale.
What we’re building at Xata:
Modern applications are complex. We are building a Serverless Postgres Platform that augments PostgreSQL with the functionality modern applications need to evolve and scale.
In every feature we build, we optimize for developer experience that will ultimately reduce our customers time to market or dramatically simplify hard architectural problems at scale. Our application is highly intuitive and is great for data collaboration with the entire team.
At Xata, we are rethinking what a database is responsible for and redefining the status quo.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for maintaining the Xata docs at the highest level possible. You will own the overall documentation structure, edit the existing content, as well as create new guides and tutorials that help developers use Xata. You will be working closely with the engineering and product teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, API developer guides, as well as in-platform instructions.
- Research, write, and author content that is engaging and accessible to developers with various technical backgrounds.
- Publish release notes to internal and external stakeholders with information on product updates, releases and fixes.
- Create and maintain example repos that illustrate how to use Xata in a variety of tech stacks.
- Our docs are open source and in markdown. Write docs-as-code and engage with external contributors.
- Be a customer of Xata to establish an understanding how to guide our users in our docs
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams
- Minimum 3 years experience in technical writing.
- Very strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics.
- Experience with SaaS or developer experience documentation.
- Experience as a developer building apps.
- Proven experience managing your daily work and projects with little oversight
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of PostgreSQL and/ or database operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree, nice to have in Software Engineering/ Computer Science.
Working at Xata:
- We’re stable. We raised $35M and have years of runway.
- We're remote first. We don’t track hours and we don’t count PRs.
- Xata is engineer-led. We build developer tooling, so we trust our engineers to shape our products, and at our core, we're a hardcore cloud infrastructure company.
- Our team is experienced. Before Xata, our founder, Monica Sarbu, created a popular open-source software that Elastic acquired.
- We work asynchronously. We don’t do agile, the team meets weekly to check-in and then we use Github, Notion and Slack.
- Our engineers typically attend <5 hours of scheduled meetings per week, the rest of the time is spent on project work.
- You'll have autonomy. If someone has an idea or wants to change something - they’ll put up a PR.
- We are community-driven and deeply care about the success of our users and customers.
- Our team is diverse. We're a team of 27 people from around the world.
- Xata is female-founded and the first developer platform to have an all-female board of directors.
What we offer all of our employees:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Friendly, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- 30 vacation days (not including local public holidays).
- 2 months full paid parental leave.
- Flexibility, autonomy and impact
- Home office set-up budget + co-working space stipend
- We support continuous learning with budgets for conferences, courses and books.
- 2 company off-sites per year, with partners and kids welcome as well. So far we’ve been to Italy, Greece, and Spain. The next one is Portugal!
- Ample opportunity and support for career development and impact, there are no boundaries to your growth here at Xata.
Xata is well-financed by amazing investors, including Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel), Shay Banon (co-founder and CEO of Elastic), Neha Narkhede (founder of Confluent), Elad Gil, Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilmann (founders of Netlify), and many others.
We raised a $30 million Series A from top investors (Index Ventures and Redpoint), having the first ever 100% female board for such a technical company.
We are proud to have on the board:
We care about diversity in tech:
If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that our success is driven by the talented and diverse team brought together from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and countries. We are always challenging ourselves to build an inclusive culture that allows us to build innovative and successful products.
Our founder, Monica Sarbu, has also founded a non-profit organisation called Tupu that helps tech companies support diversity in tech through mentorship.
We're eager to hear from you and if you decide to apply, we're rooting for you!