We are a fully-remote team building a serverless database service. Our service offers automatic scaling, branches, zero-downtime migrations, ACID transactions, a built-in search engine, analytics, and more. These features are compounded by an excellent developer experience provided by lightweight type-safe SDKs, a CLI tool, an intuitive and powerful UI, as well as integrations with platforms like Vercel and Netlify.
- We define products collaboratively. The innovations in our product are a result of combining and polishing ideas from a diverse and inclusive team.
- We encourage everyone to take initiative and lead by example.
- We dogfood our product at every opportunity.
- We are community-driven and deeply care about the success of our users and customers.
- We all work remotely, usually from home, and we meet in person a couple of times per year in a nice location. We have employees in Germany, Spain, Belgium, the US, Sweden, UK, Hungary.
About the role
Xata is looking for a Technical Product Marketing manager to drive go-to-market strategy, define messaging for feature launches, create technical content, build marketing campaigns and continue to raise awareness of Xata within the developer community. As the first marketing position at Xata, this is a high impact and provides ample opportunity for growth. We are looking for someone who can think strategically but isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up, dive into the weeds and execute.
What you’ll achieve
- Plan and execute on the Xata marketing strategy.
- Provide thought leadership around market trends, core technology innovations and engaging with developer communities.
- Partner closely with product, engineering and design and have a key voice in product positioning, messaging and launches.
- Amplify messaging for a variety of audiences that can be adapted across multiple social, web and event channels.
- Develop user testimonials, website content, videos and other marketing materials to engage more deeply with the Xata community.
- Understand the user acquisition and customer lifecycle funnels and create assets required increase conversion.
- Conduct market, competitor and segmentation research to refine our target audience and strategies for engagement.
Skills you’ll bring
- At least 3 years of marketing experience marketing a technical and developer focused solution.
- A growth mindset and thrives in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience building marketing funnels, SEO, creating and managing social media and outbound campaigns.
- Creative and innovating thinking for not just in how we better reach our Xata community but also how we elevate our company to the next level.
- Comfortable working in a cross functional roll and a highly distributed team.
- A data oriented approach to marketing with defined success criteria, experimentation and transparency with decision making.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About our culture
We care about work-life balance
Even though we are a small team and an early-stage startup, we are well-financed and with a strong runaway. This allows us to think long-term, both in terms of strategy and building a healthy company culture. We know that in order to build a lasting company, we need to think like we are in a marathon, not a sprint.
We care about diversity in tech
If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We are challenging ourselves to build a healthy culture that allows us to build innovative and successful products.
Our founder, Monica Sarbu, founded a non-profit organization called Tupu.io that helps tech companies support diversity in tech through mentorship.
We offer many benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Friendly and diverse work environment
- Flexible schedule, work from anywhere you are productive
- Budget for laptop + monitor
- Co-working space stipend
- 30 vacation days
- 2 months full paid parental leave
About our investors
Xata is well-financed by amazing investors, including Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel), Shay Banon (co-founder and CEO of Elastic), Neha Narkhede (founder of Confluent), Elad Gil, Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilmann (founders of Netlify), and many others. We raised Series A from top investors (Index Ventures and Redpoint), having the first ever 100% female board for such a technical company.
We are proud to have on the board: